REEF or An EMPEROR ANGEL ???

yupi1982

Hi People i have a 125 G tank with about 20 corals and lots of live rock
and i just saw my favorite fish for $100 in my local store a :scared: 7 inches EMPEROR ANGEL :happyfish
what would you do?????? :notsure:
PLEASE I NEED AN ADVICE FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I AM KILING MISELF !!!

take the chance knowing that he may eat my corals or keep my REEF in peace!! :help:

razoreqx

Originally Posted by yupi1982
Hi People i have a 125 G tank with about 20 corals and lots of live rock
and i just saw my favorite fish for $100 in my local store a :scared: 7 inches EMPEROR ANGEL :happyfish
what would you do?????? :notsure:
PLEASE I NEED AN ADVICE FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I AM KILING MISELF !!!

take the chance knowing that he may eat my corals or keep my REEF in peace!! :help:
Well had it been a few months ago i would have called you stupid for thinking it.. but last week I bought a juv queen angel and put it in my 2 yr old reef with hundreds of corals.. Rotfl. Im watching her .. so far she hasnt touched any of my corals but is going to town eating all those cutip sponges infested all over my LR. One thing I did do is make sure I have two things. I shopped for a very young fish as it is my hope that she'll learn from her tank mates that coral are their freinds...... *grin*... And second .. A place (friends FO tank) to take the queen angel if she does start eating my corals..

clown123

in my opinion emperor angel for $100 7in i can get one that big for 65 but i would def get the emperor.

razoreqx

RazorEQX he is huge and i bet comes right from the ocen very actuve ..
so should i do it or not???
Its always a risk. I wont be the one to tell you to go get it.. you'll be pissed at me if he eats all your corals.. I say do what makes you happy..

clown123

its fully changed the one u want? they have ones a lil after half way and they are 65 trust me i ask everytime im there n thats every weeknd lol

nw2sltfsh

seven inches completely adult :happyfish
my tank is 125 g
would you do it??

That is an awsome price for an adult - I have also been looking at them and everyone I have seen that is full grown adult from 119-150 on average
I would do it with a back up if needed (and I volunteer to be your backup - Ill pay for shipping and fish cost if it comes to it!!)

yupi1982

NW2SLTFSH awesome idea'

then i 'll buy ...having you as a back up....is beatiful man never seen one this big is about 7 inches .... :happyfish
ok do you have an email so we can contact each other?

nw2sltfsh

NW2SLTFSH awesome idea'

then i 'll buy ...having you as a back up....is beatiful man never seen one this big is about 7 inches .... :happyfish
ok do you have an email so we can contact each other?

plima@comcast.net

scubadoo

An emperor in the 3-5" range does better. Larger specimens brought from the ocean often do not adapt well to captivity. This boy has been in the ocean for some time. Many of your corals will be a meal for him in all liklihood due to his size and adult colors. Do you think he is going to forget? Not likely.
JMO

nw2sltfsh

I am officially jealous
Anytime I have ever seen one that nice and large they are normally closer to 200.00
and the one time I decided I was defintalry getting one - by the time I went back it was gone
that is a beautiful fish Scuba - is there anything that you would want to share about keeping a fish like that? ease? Feeding? anything to be cautious of?

boalgf

Beautiful fish, Hey scuba, ever heard yours bark or growl? Here is mine. Not quite through his color change yet. His face is much whiter now though.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by boalgf
Beautiful fish, Hey scuba, ever heard yours bark or growl? Here is mine. Not quite through his color change yet. His face is much whiter now though.
Mine grunts all the time......sounds like grunting to me.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by NW2SLTFSH
I am officially jealous
Anytime I have ever seen one that nice and large they are normally closer to 200.00
and the one time I decided I was defintalry getting one - by the time I went back it was gone
that is a beautiful fish Scuba - is there anything that you would want to share about keeping a fish like that? ease? Feeding? anything to be cautious of?
They requre plenty live rock, low nitrates , high quality water conditions, and lots of swimming room. You need to also supplement their diet with angel formula and greens to make sure they get the appropriate nutrition. I purchased mine right here on the swf.com classifieds from another member. I have had it for a year now. The person I purchased it from had it from a juvi.
They will become the bully of the woods...so you need a large system.
The 3-5" size does better adapting to captivity. This does not mean an adult will not do well...just chances are better with the smaller size.
Mine will eat just about anything.