reef pic update

J

justin podolan

Very nice i love all color it is sweet.
I wish tank looked 1/2 as good..

jam marine

Thanks for all the compliments,definately no problem shyfish
nanomantis-i bought the clam in niceville fla in 2003,it was about 3 inches when i bought it,it has really grown since.

jam marine

My tank has been through so many ups and downs,and i must admit it is at the best it has ever been,it is so rewarding to post pictures and get compliments,this weekend i am going to take some top down pictures,i am also adding some new fish tomorrow.

meowzer

BEAUTIFUL...I hope one day for my tank to look even a little bit like that...Can I ask you this....What did you use to get the corals to stay in place? Nothing seems to hold for me.

jam marine

Meowzer-trust me if i can get my tank to look like that so can you,to hold corals in place,the small frags,i use super glue gel,for other sizes i use epoxy,cant remeber the name right now,when i get home i can look it up for you.

meowzer

Thanks, I have tried everything that people have mentioned on this site...OH, another question....How long did it take you to get your tank looking like that?

jam marine

Meowzer-the tank been up for 6 plus years,but as mentioned earlier,it has been up and down,and trust me i made mistakes,i would say,its been within the last 2 years or so that i have gotten it to a really good level,one thing,or should i say one of the important things this hobby has taught me is patience.

hickoryhollow

Originally Posted by jam marine
http:///forum/post/2951345
Meowzer-the tank been up for 6 plus years,but as mentioned earlier,it has been up and down,and trust me i made mistakes,i would say,its been within the last 2 years or so that i have gotten it to a really good level,one thing,or should i say one of the important things this hobby has taught me is patience.
All I can say is yours took 5 years to look better than what God did in 1 day. He must be jealous. I know one day when my tank grows up it can only hope it looks as good as yours.
Awesome tank. I wonder if you could some how compete that tank. You definately got the Blue Ribbon.
Keep up the Awesome work.

meowzer

Originally Posted by jam marine
http:///forum/post/2951345
OH NO!!!! Not the "P" word again....

nsajd

I would really appreciate it if you could send me your updates on how you did this. not future updates, but in how you got your tank to look like this. I currently have a 125g with a fair amount of fish and LR and some SPS, but I would like to know how you went from what I have to what you have now(short of spending a couple grand on SPS and coral, those costs I can figure out). I have a 30 gal tank for pre-mix, but no fuge tank, but have the skimmer, canister filter, UV filter, and 4 powerheads for circulation. have built in RO unit in kitchen sink for the water, use Instant Ocean for salt. I have T-5 lights, and no additives for the water other than 30g water changes weekly. Thanks,
SSG Dowgielewicz

lauremf2002

*thump* I just fell out of my chair! Holy

[hr]
that is an awesome tank! Love the pajama! You must have put alot of hard work and upkeep into that tank but man, that tank really shows that hard work pays off!
Nice, very nice

lauremf2002

P.S. do you have that insured? I would look into that if you dont, cause that things gotta be worth serious $$$$ not just monetary but blood sweat and tears!.