Reef safe and PEACEFUL fish?

cufishfan

I'm starting to venture into the world of corals (of course I hadn't planned to, so my original stock list won't work anymore). And I've heard tons of conflicting opinions about what is and isn't reef safe, so I'm putting the challenge to all of you
And not only reef safe, but PEACEFUL fish... I recently faced my denial that yellowtail damsels are awful and gave him back to the LFS after he ate/ killed (and my CUC actually ate) my Banggai cardinal and 1 small green chromis.
Currently in my 75g (soon to have 20 L sump/refugium w/ASM mini skimmer). Upgrading to t5 HO lighting (4X54w).
my fish:
1 fairly large false perc. clown
2 (
down from 4 original) green chromis
CUC
2 peppermint shrimp
1 emerald crap
2 turbo snails
6 Nass snails
2 or 3 brittle star hitchhikers
Planned fish: another clown (smaller false perc), royal gramma, 2 banggai cardinals, and some kind of centerpiece fish
Where you all come in: I need the centerpiece fish... the big (relatively speaking) guy in the tank, with bright colors, who wont eat corals or any of my other fish. I really want a yellow tang, but I don't think the 75 is big enough (48" long) and I'm not planning to upgrade.. maybe a reef-safe angel??)
Thanks for any advice you can give!!

Well as far as angels go they are hit and miss. Flame's and coral beauty's are usually pretty safe and good additions, I had a coral beauty and currently have a flame and have no issues. But some people have had them nip. Your right about the tang prolly not having enough room so scratch that. Look into some of the fairy wrasses, there is some awesome ones, like a solar which I have and love. Maybe a leaopard wrasse. But if your looking for a attention getter my vote goes for the flame, so bright! Just some thoughts hope this helps.