reef-safe ich meds?

reavely

Has anyone ever tried "pro-biotic marine formula" or "no-ich marine"? they are both copper free and say they won't effect corals. I'm nervous - I only have one xenia (beside the inverts in the clean-up crew) but I want to add corals in the near future and don't want a polluted tank. I know the QT, copper & hyposalinity procedures, but I'm trying to get away with not having to tear down the live rock to get the fish out - wishful thinking?

timsedwards

Hi there,
When I had the same problem (an Ich outbreak with no QT and had corals), I rang my LFS who very kindly put me through to the head of marine biology for Kent Marine Products in europe. This is what he said to do:
Day 1 - Put one dose of Kent's RX-P in
Day 2 - Put on dose of Kent's Poly-Ox in
Day 3 - Rest :)D)
May have to repeat if necessary. What you are doing is catching the parasite on the skin of the fish. RX-P contains all natural ingredients from peppers and the like, irritates the fish's skin and it moults a layer. The Poly-Ox contains freshwater plant extracts an this soothes and repairs the fish's skin.
LOL, as you can imagine Beth and Terry were very sceptical over this and needless to say I have now a QT as this is always preferred, but for me this worked very well. Havent had any since.
ALl the best,
Tim. :cool: