reef supplements

chadman

i have had a 30g up and running skimmerless for about a year and a half...the tank is doing great! i have never done anything to the tank other than water changes on a weekly basis....
now i have set up a 55g which currently is skimmerless as well...we plan on adding one soon though....first of all is it ever too early to add a skimmer to a tank? it has been up and running for a month or so now....also what supplements should we add now and what supplements should we add once the skimmer is on? should we drip kalwasser or something of the sort? any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

xrayman

You will get different opinons on what works i quit adding supplements a year ago,and went to weekly 10%water changes i have coraline everywhere and coral are growing like crazy.My Frogspawn has went from 3 heads to 10 heads and my alveopora is going on 1.5 years and looks great.In the end it will all come down to what works for you

chadman

agreed....my story with my 30g is similar to yours....everything grows liek crazy...under pc lights with no skimmer...do you run a skimmer? how much good stuff do you suppose skimmers are taking out of your water? i end up doing about 15%-20% water changes weekly though...

xrayman

Yes i run a skimmer judging from the cup i empty i would say alot because it can get pretty nasty.