reef

vizia2

Im getting a reef together and Ive been reading and looking at a lot of supplements that are out there, boy are the a lot, but what do I really need and witch ones would you recommend. I know I should get some iodine, and strontium, so Im going get some Kent products. Also I need a calcium buffer, this is where Im torn between B-Ionic or Kent Tech-CB, which one is better, Id rather go with Kent Tech-CB because it is easier to use, but if B-Ionic is much better then I will deal, so is one better then the other? That’s basically my main stuff. Also thinking of getting Kent essential elements for my fish, and Kent Micro Vert, is that stuff any good? says it feed inverts. You think I should get Kent Coral Accel, or Marc Weiss Reef Vital DNA any good?
Brake down:
*Kent Iodine
*Kent strontium
*B-Ionic or Kent Tech-CB
*Kent Essential elements
*Kent Micro Vert
*DT Photo
*Kent Coral Accel or Marc Weiss Reef Vital DNA
That every thing, I think. Am I missing any thing? Do I have too much stuff? Which is the better stuff.
Thanks for all in put

timsedwards

Hi there,
Firstly listen to what Kip says, if you do what he says your tank will be as beautiful as his! (see his site).
I dose Liquid Calcium from Kent at the moment, but considering dripping Kalk once i have more corals to care for.
I also dose Coral Accel, on the premise that it cant do that much harm.
I used to dose PhytoPlankton, but thats pretty useless as i have only 1/2 corals.
I also dose dkH buffer to try and keep Alk up, also has corraline accelerator in it :)
All the best,
Tim.