ReeferChiefs 65G Reef Oasis...PICS

reeferchief

This is my 65G tank. I recently rearranged the rock and decided to take a pic. I need to add more fish but I've been more into coral lately. Only other things I want to do is add a black backing and get 2 new powerheads.
Right now the setup is H.O. T5 lighting, 65G tank w built in overflow, 100G capable wet/dry, 125G capacity coralife skimmer, about 70lbs of sand and 140+/- live rock
Inhabitants are: 20 snails, sally light foot crab, emerald crab, 5 white knuckle hermits, 5 blue leg hermits, 5 orange leg hermits, 2 huge snails that burrow in sand and have a snorkel come up from sand.lol (forgot name), blood shrimp, cleaner shrimp, tube anenome, clam, sand sifting star, 2 orange spot goby's, clown and black clown, lawnmower blenny, and several corals. Most are zoo's, mushrooms, xenia, button polyps, star polyp and few others....

meowzer

Looks great.....+1 on the solid background...it really will make a BIG difference
If you like your snails....I would consider tossing the crabs in the sump...I recently did that....I was tired of buying snails so my hermits could eat them :(

reeferchief

Thank You!...
I actually found 2 snails in my sump today. somehow he got sucked in the overflow through the drain tube down the plexi glass then back up and onto my drip tray...I let him hang out down there...they seem to like it

reeferchief

My new additions, toadstool leather which is very cool, frogspawn, some pink zoa's, and a pair of PJ cardinals. Also new titanium heater and wave maker powerheads.

reeferchief

Thanks everyone! No alveopora for me.... I had to look what they are and they require very good stable environment.

reeferchief

Here are some pics of the tank inhabitants and corals.... I am semi new to the hobby, so if someone has a suggestion on the coral placement or any opinons I am completely open to suggestions and comments...

spanko

Nice looking tank. One suggestion though, with the two sand sifting gobies and the sand sifting starfish you will soon decimate the fauna in your sand bed. I would suggest getting rid of the star and at least one, if not both of the gobies. You see they live off the pods, worms etc. in the sand bed and sooner rather than later they will have consumed most if not all of that life. Bad for the sand bed. Worse for the fish and star as their normal diet will be gone and they will most likely waste away.
JMO.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///t/388397/reeferchiefs-65g-reef-oasis-pics#post_3432701
Nice looking tank. One suggestion though, with the two sand sifting gobies and the sand sifting starfish you will soon decimate the fauna in your sand bed. I would suggest getting rid of the star and at least one, if not both of the gobies. You see they live off the pods, worms etc. in the sand bed and sooner rather than later they will have consumed most if not all of that life. Bad for the sand bed. Worse for the fish and star as their normal diet will be gone and they will most likely waste away.
JMO.
I didn't even think of that.
Great advice!

reeferchief

Thank you everyone for the comments. Thank you for that advice also regarding the goby and stars. One of the goby's does not eat the sand it waits for feeding time. I feed 1/4 to 1/2 cude frozen food everyday so I'm not sure if that helps with food supply for all?

reeferchief

Here are a few of my new corals....this one is the elegance....
This is my new bubble's home. Also in the pic is my hammer frag and piece of flavia I broke off my toadstool's base

Here is my xenia that has grown onto my overflow and detached itself from the frag rock in just over 2 weeks...

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeferchief http:///t/388397/reeferchiefs-65g-reef-oasis-pics#post_3435286
Thank you everyone for the comments. Thank you for that advice also regarding the goby and stars. One of the goby's does not eat the sand it waits for feeding time. I feed 1/4 to 1/2 cude frozen food everyday so I'm not sure if that helps with food supply for all?
Well, if the goby eats it then it partially helps with the food supply. But not enough for all your other sand-sifting organisms that you have.