ReefGirl!!!!

fishymissy

I just saw your reply about shrimp in another thread and I was wondering if you could help me. I seem to have juvenile camelback shrimp in my tank, and I'm not real sure what to do at this point. I guess I should start at the beginning.
Camelback shrimp pair. (Rhychocienetes uritai). These are not hermaphrodites....they are sexually dimorphic. The males have slightly larger front claws with more white and they are thinner in the "hump" area from underneath. Anyway, the female has been regularly releasing larvae into the tank. None have survived before this....fish in the tank and perhaps not the right food source. I do believe though, that since I started dosing DT's for the clam, that this has given the larvae at least the correct sized food. (BTW, there is no skimmer on this tank). A couple of weeks ago, I noticed very small things darting around under a rock ledge. At first I thought they might be fish fry from their swimming behaviour, but after awhile, it became clear that these are indeed shrimp. These are not copepods or amphipods (sp?) they are mini shrimp. The color is a reddish tint and they are starting to develop small white spots on them. There seem to be juvi's of different sizes so I am assuming that perhaps only a few are surviving from each batch. At the most, I have maybe 40 of them all total.
My question is how many stages do they go through and if they do resemble the adults (as far as I can see) does that mean they are much more likely to survive to adulthood? Is there anywhere on the net that deals with this subject? I've looked everywhere, but haven't been able to find any info.
Sorry this is so long, and sorry to bother you!
Thanks for any info!!! :D