Refractometer Decision

I have the one from North Coast Marine. I like it alot and recommend it. From what I have read, you want the type that does not require a screwdriver to adjust. This one is sturdy and easy to use, with a nice case.
-Christine

justinx

I have the one from NIS sales and Highly recommend it. And I also disagree with the previous comment about screwdrivers. A knob will get fouled easier.

T

thomas712

I agree with justin, the one with the screwdriver is the one that stays more accurate, that tiny little screw won't get so banged up like a knob would.
Thomas

eden

Hey thanks everyone!! Well, I asked several people on ---- how satisfied they were with the non-screwdriver one, and all said VERY pleased. I had not heard from anyone here by then so I bought it. So, I guess I will let you know. Unfortunately I don't think my fish will even survive until I get it. They are looking worse this morning. Some gill thing I can't get an answer on from the board - only admonishment! Since I can't treat the fish with adminoshment, I am feeling sort of stuck. :(