Refuge Question

It depends if you have the talent to biuld one. There are benafits to both sides. On the homede one you can comtrol the size, shape, ect., but it is generaly more expensive. A pre made on, you have no comtrol over the size but it is more cost effective and easier to aptaine.

matt b

Originally Posted by turtlegirl933
It depends if you have the talent to biuld one. There are benafits to both sides. On the homede one you can comtrol the size, shape, ect., but it is generaly more expensive. A pre made on, you have no comtrol over the size but it is more cost effective and easier to aptaine.
i made a sump for about 75 bucks! and a pre made one would be a few hundred dollars

bohle

can any one of you PM me a pic of your ref set up? I am trying to make one for my 55g and would like to get some ideas. Thanks

joe 09

i made one from a 20 gal tank,had the lfs drill a 11/2 in.hole in the top of the tank and added a bulk head fitting.i put a rio 1400 pump in the tank that feeds the refuge and the refuge gravity feeds to my wet/dry sump.you have to make sure the pump in the tank is not to low to over fill the sump when the power is off..