Refugium-display tank ratio

jeepboy

I currently have a 10g refug running on my 75g tank. I have a bryopsis problem and am considering either adding a larger refug or a posban reactor.
Would I see an improvement in my display tank by increasing my refug size to say 30g?

jdm_ae86

You should do the larger fuge...no need to keep buying media, plus youll have a larger volume of water.

coxy101

I have a 10 gallon fuge on my 45 gallon. I think that I would go bigger if I had a 75 gallon tank. The only reason I have a 10 gallon, is that is all I can fit in my stand.
But think, if it's a 10 gallon tank, how much water do you actually have in there? 6-7 gallons? Not much water...

jeepboy

I aquired a 55g tank that I'm going to use for my refug. I currently have my refuge drain into my sump, but have read about ones that drain back into the DT. Does it make any difference to pod population which way you setup? Seems they are so small the return pump would not hurt them.

reefer44

fuge ratio is serously about 4X your tank size if you want it to actually pull out waste........save the money and get a larger skimmer
Brad