Refugium Lights and Water Movment ?

ivasawajin

i have a 50cmx50x60 refuguim in the thrid row of a 4 row costum made sump , i can put 3 T8 on the top and ONLy T8 , so what t* should i put ??? what color ( blue . white or yellow or red ) and what Kelvin ??? if i buy one from the LFT its around 10,000KL to 14,000K but if i but them from an electric store they dont have kelvins on the box but i'm sure they are low , so what should i put ??? should i remove one and put just to ??? now i have 2 yellow T8 and one white in the middle of the yellows but there are some red slime in a wall just recently and my PO4 is close to 0 . any suggestions ??? and should i put small power heads in the refg to move the plans a little with wave or they dont need it ??? i dont have any red slime in my Dsplay but recenty i added a lot on plants and some red algae are now visible in there ??? in it cuz of the lights ???

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvasawaJin http:///forum/thread/386454/refugium-lights-and-water-movment#post_3394646
i have a 50cmx50x60 refuguim in the thrid row of a 4 row costum made sump , i can put 3 T8 on the top and ONLy T8 , so what t* should i put ??? what color ( blue . white or yellow or red ) and what Kelvin ??? if i buy one from the LFT its around 10,000KL to 14,000K but if i but them from an electric store they dont have kelvins on the box but i'm sure they are low , so what should i put ??? should i remove one and put just to ??? now i have 2 yellow T8 and one white in the middle of the yellows but there are some red slime in a wall just recently and my PO4 is close to 0 . any suggestions ??? and should i put small power heads in the refg to move the plans a little with wave or they dont need it ??? i dont have any red slime in my Dsplay but recenty i added a lot on plants and some red algae are now visible in there ??? in it cuz of the lights ???
Go to home depot and get a grow light for plants and you are good to go.

1guydude

+1
6500k to 10000k should be good and ready to go! Idk much bout t8 lights. Im sure thats old school, no offense...