Refugium

aldog51

I just purchased an Aquafuge Pro Refugium and was wondering what kind of mud should I purchase and what kind of plants should be put inside?

druluv

There are a whole bunch of options you can use.
Miracle Mud, Mineral Mud, Live Sand & Rock. You can also use "dead sand" and buy a critter kit online to liven up the sand.

aldog51

I bought a sump style refugium and I saw a post that said that if the output pump gets clogged or stops working then there can be a disaster. Is that a rare occurence or is it a big problem?

verde_ad

This can happen, but it is easily prevented. From what I have read all you need to do is make sure there is a place in the syphon where air can come in if the water level drops below that point. That will break the flow and then you won't just syphon your whole tank into your sump and all over your floor.

wester97

well, in the kit it should be fine bc it is set up to work well and consistantly. the only worries would be if your baffles are too low and if your pump was pushing water through to fast.

huggett

Originally posted by aldog51
I just purchased an Aquafuge Pro Refugium and was wondering what kind of mud should I purchase and what kind of plants should be put inside?

I've been looking at the aquafuge pro. What do you think of it, is it worth the money? Thanks