Regional Foods & Restaurants

rylan1

I thought of this after lunch after I ran into a co-worker who had asked what I had for lunch. I told her Jo-Jo's and she had no idea of what I was talking about, another person said that those are a regional thing and that only certain people around the country knew what they were. I also know that there are many fast food chains that are regional like In & Out Burger, Jack n the Box and etc...
So since we are all in different parts of the country- what are your regional food favorites and Fast Food places?

S

smartorl

Here we have Krystals which are like White Castles. Great "3am drunk, gonna feel bloated and greasy the next day" food.

ruaround

Originally Posted by crimzyIn Michigan we have A & W and Coney Islands. I think those are regional.
nope we have A&W here in Idaho...
Carl's Jr
., Hardee's, White Castle, Jack in the Box
, Waffle House, Sheridan's, What A Burger, Phat Burger, Ruby Tuesdays, Shoney's, JB's
, Steak Escape, The Great Steak n Potato
, Red Robin
, Quizno's
, Blimpies
, Buffalo Wild Wings, West of Philly
, Port of Subs
, FudRucker's
... are a few that i have eaten at throught the US that are regional... i bolded the ones that are in Idaho that i havent seen in too many other states and primarily in the NW...

crimzy

We have Hardees, White Castle, Ruby Tuesdays, The Great Steak n Potato, Red Robin, Quiznos, Blimpies, Fudruckers, Buffalo Wild Wings... we have all of those here in MI.

crimzy

Originally Posted by smartorl
Do you have Steak and Shake's?
Yes we do... but I have to admit that I've never had the pleasure of eating at one.

kerriann

Eat 'N' Park - the greatest restaurant for all ages! although Primanti's is just as good if you're out drinkin in the South Side.
this is kind of a tough question cuz you get so used to the places you eat it's hard to believe they aren't everywhere...

S

smartorl

Ok, I have another one, Tropigrill? It is more of a Puerto Rican inspired islandy food.

ruaround

Originally Posted by rudedog40
Dairy Queen used to be just a Texas chain. However, I think they've expanded to other states...
since when??? i can remember going to the Dairy Queen since 1976 here in Boise...

mfp1016

Except for the one in PA i think all of the restaurants mentioned are here in So cal except Hardee's but that equals Carls Jr.