Rejuvinating an open brain

tiffster

Today I got a yellow/green open brain that the guy at the LFS was about to throw away. It looks fine except for a small patch that looks like something took a bite out of it. I figured I would try to nurse it back. (i've had excellent luck with my friends plate coral.) Anyway, I figured give it the proper light, flow, good water chem., feed it, and see what happens.
I was wondering if you guys had any info that might help this guy on is way back.
Thanks,
Tiffany

spsfreak100

Do you have a picture of the brains current condition? It may not have a strong chance of survival if the brain was in extremely bad shape.
If you provide the brain with ample amounts of lighting, good water conditions, regular feedings and an overall healthy environment, it should slowely recover.
Graham

tiffster

I really wish I had a digital camera, but I don't. I've got it in the tank now and it looks pretty good with exception of the one damaged spot. The coral is about 2.5 inches across and the damaged spot is like 1cm or so. I'm going to attempt to feed it tomorrow. I don't think it will eat tonight. I'll keep you guys posted.
Tiffany