Remember...................................

ironeagle2006

I can never foprgetthat day and nver will. My 7 soon to be 8 year old asked me why today was special and so I told him why. He went dad why do people hate why we are free,
I went they hate the reason that we can choose who we want to worshipin and also we also give our women freedom. He went what do you mean. I then showed him online what life is like in countries like Iran and Saudi Araibia for women. He went No way would I let my sister live like that. He can stand her but would not want her to be forced to live like that.

reefraff

Yep. I go out of my way not to watch the specials and stuff. I think about it every day, specially when the boy is deployed.

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow grouper http:///t/387824/remember#post_3415363
Remember what? Sorry im not american like most of you guys so i have to ask.
September 11, 2001 When Terrorist Decided to attack the US, by flying Commercial Air Planes into the Twin Towers, and the Pentagon. Today is the 10th Anniversary

reefraff

67 British citizens were killed that day and it is the reason they sent many of their soldiers to war over the last decade with several hundred losing their lives. You'd think it would be somewhat of a big deal for them too.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow grouper http:///t/387824/remember#post_3415363
Remember what? Sorry im not american like most of you guys so i have to ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott T
http:///t/387824/remember#post_3415368
September 11, 2001 When Terrorist Decided to attack the US, by flying Commercial Air Planes into the Twin Towers, and the Pentagon. Today is the 1th Anniversary
When we were made painfully aware of the difference between people who respect Life and Liberty and those who do not.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Will never forget.
I'm spending the day looking at the documentaries. Mostly the rebuilding that is going on which will result in such an awesome tribute to what happened and symbols of the way forward for all of us.
Think of all that has happened since then. The middle east as it was is no more. Bin Ladin is in hell eating brimstone, wishing he had never XXXXXX with us. Our medieval enemies think twice before they try to mess with us again. And yes, we have given up some of our cherished freedoms to accommodate the realities of post 911.
God bless those who have died, and bring peace to their families.
USA HERE TO STAY.

rainbow grouper

i hate bin laden even though none of family were in the twin towers when it happened i still feel strongly for those who died and lost family members especially the children who were made either homeless or single parented also any one watch bin laden shoot to kill last night the evil XXXXXX got much less then what he deserved but it was the best we could get beside tourtre and i agree with obama on that and i quote "we were glad that the last thing bin laden saw was the barrel of a navy seal gun pointing at him"

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/387824/remember#post_3415374
Will never forget.
I'm spending the day looking at the documentaries. Mostly the rebuilding that is going on which will result in such an awesome tribute to what happened and symbols of the way forward for all of us.
Think of all that has happened since then. The middle east as it was is no more. Bin Ladin is in hell eating brimstone, wishing he had never XXXXXX with us. Our medieval enemies think twice before they try to mess with us again. And yes, we have given up some of our cherished freedoms to accommodate the realities of post 911.
God bless those who have died, and bring peace to their families.
USA HERE TO STAY.
I am also watching the History channel....

bionicarm

MSN has a poll asking whether 9/11 should become a national holiday. As of right now, only 50% responded Yes, 41% stated No, and 9% Not Sure. What say you?

reefraff

No, Pearl Harbor day isn't a holiday, No need for 9-11 to be either. Just because Hawaii wasn't yet a state when attacked plenty of Americans lost their lives on that day too.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, what is the point to President's Day and Columbus Day? Columbus, really? LOL Wasn't he working for Spain? :laughing: