Remora pro question

mona

I have an Aqua C Remora Pro with Mag pump.. its been up for 6 months or so..
when I first used it, it skimmed like crazy..
now it doesnt.. do i clean it? wat do i do?

annanymous

i have the same with both of my skimmers, cpr bakpak2 and via-aqua. the first month they went crazy, i cleaned a full cup of gue every day, after that i dont have to clean my cup for more then a month at a time. :notsure:
im bumping this thread cuz i would also like to know why this happens :thinking:

dogstar

Thats normal, A new skimmer will produce a very wet clearer skimate for a while when put on a tank that has not been skimmed. After time and the water gets cleaner and cleaner the skimate will start getting darker and drier and have to empty less often but this drier skimate will stick to the skimmer tube and cup easier so you should clean it off every so often.

mona

thats the problem.. i see a lot of oily film on my surface.. i just think the skimmer is NOT skimming how it should.. and this is suposed to be a TOP skimmer..
has anyone else done anything to their remora?

dogstar

Does it still have good water flow thru it and do you take out the screw and clean clean the nozzle periodicly ?

newbie68

I have Remora and experience that a few monhs back. When I called Remora they told me to use stress coat. Add a little bit of the Stress Coat solution next to the remora pump and it should start the skimming