Removable front panel w/doors on stand. Possible?

P

patrick g.

I'm getting ready to have the stand for my 75g built and am trying to decide on a completely removable front panel, or doors. But if I decided to do a removable front panel WITH doors, how would I attach the panel. I was planning to do industrial velcro with the panel only, but don't think I'd want to do that with the added weight of the doors. Any ideas?

foxthorn

Well, if you're going to go removable WITH doors.. this means you're probably not going to have to remove it very often - right? In which case I'd put on a couple angle/corner brackets (flat piece of metal bent to a 90 degree with a hole drilled at each end). One edge attached to the panel and the other edge is screwed to the inner leg support. You'll be able to unscrew the part of the bracket attached to the inner leg of the stand by simply opening up one of the doors and reaching in. Use two or three on each end.
HTH

jarvis

Drill some holes with a drill press at a slight angle up and permanantly attach wooden dowels in the top two corners to the stand. Have some slightly larger holes drilled at the same angle on the panel. A good benifit to this is that you wont be taking a step back and looking to see if the velcro is straight....It would drive me nuts. :p

newfishliny

all the idea's where ok but IMO-
use cabinet latches- simple roller catches that are used to hold the door closed on a cabinet- the only thing is you need to use atleast 3 or 4 - top edges and bottom edges of the door-
or other choice use cabinet magnets- no problem -
good luck
new fish