reply befor I buy

R

ramon6249

I saw a site with lites for sale Marineandref..or something like that...if you know what i mean :D *cough* not posting a site *cough*
But anyways I was looking at some lights and this is what i found.
(x2)36 inch, 30 watt standard URI Actinic White Lamps
48 inch, 40 watt standard URI Super Actinic Lamps
and a 20$ lamb shipping box.
all for a FOWLR tank and it is only costing me $75...is this right or am I buying junk that just looks good?
plz reply befor I buy.
Thanx
Ramon

dburr

Just bulbs? Not worth it. You can do better. I've seen 40 NO's for $13 and change. (I bought'em). $9 shipping, for both. It would have been $9 if I bought 4 bulbs.

R

ramon6249

was this a website? i remeber seeing bulbs at the LFS for about $30+..i mean these are the same as the 50/50 right?
Ithink the VHO costed about 20-25 a peice...the NO cost 15-20
Should i just go with the VHO?
Thanx
Ramon

wrassecal

yes, go with the vho. You can use less with fowlr but, you can also add more later if you want to go reef. NO would be a waste of $ IMO.

R

ramon6249

well in that case this place that im looking at buying them from is a good deal? and $20 a bulb plus $20 for the shipping box....or is there better places out ther..and if so can someone e-mail me the site ;)
Ramon_mcdonald6249 @yahoo.com
Thanx
Ramon

R

ramon6249

hmmm says fishguys is under constrcution....i tried fishguy as well but that was seafood....
But will tag it a fav...does anyone else happen to know of another place?
Thanx
Ramon

brians

You do know you will need a special ballast for VHO, right? Something like an Icecap 430 or 660 which is going to run you another $140-160. You will also need some VHO endcaps.