results update on algea attack

tlk

hi Everyone.
I just thought I provide an update to a VERY VERY bad long green algea problem I have had for YEARS. Since I have had my 75g, I have fought algea, tried everything from reduced lighting to pulling out LR and cleaning it off with my wifes toothbrush. Added countless crabs and fish that were SUPPOSED to be agressive algea eaters and on and on and on. For the record, I always used tap water.
About 6 moths ago, I finally decided to give ro/di water a chance to prove what most people have been saying on this board and elsewhere. I did not do a large scale water change at first. I just started doing top off's and new water changes with the ro/di. Within a few weeks, the changes were noticeable. After around 3 months, not only was the algea contained, but it was almost completely gone.
Today, you can find a few strands here and there, but they are ususally found in placed were my critters cant get to.
I didn't change any other habits. I am still lazy about doing 10% water changes and other maintenance stuff. Ro/di works.
I used to check this board daily, and wa a somewhat active particiapant. I get tired of all the bashing that went on between a select few whose egos seemed to get in the way of what could otherwise be a healthy debate. For the veterans of this board, I am sure you know what and whom I am talking about. Anyway, I hope all that has been sorted out by now and things have returned to the way they used to be when I first joined this board.
I hope this pose helps someone who is struggling with an algea problem. Please give Ro/di water a try. I get mine at the local supermarket for $.29/gal.

birdy

That is great that the RO/DI water worked for you. Just proves what all of us have been saying all along. And don't worry about issues around here, the problem is gone.

tlk

Originally posted by Birdy
And don't worry about issues around here, the problem is gone.

Glad to hear that other nonsense is done with!