return plumbing

I am planning to add a refugium teed off from my return line from my sump. I currently have a smaller diameter tubing (it's either 1/2 or 3/4 inch tubing) from the return pump to the tank, where it's attached to a pipe that has a couple of 90 degree bends to get up and over the side of the tank, and then another 90 degree bend into a nozzle. The piece is held in place by a bracket that sits just inside the tank. When I add the refugium, I am going to replace the smaller diameter tubing with 1 inch tubing (so I can upsize the flow rate when I replace my current pump), which will tee off to 3/4 inch tubing with ball valve to the fuge. The current nozzle setup will not fit the 1 inch tubing without reducers. Unless I'm wrong, using reducers would reduce the flow rate back to what it currently is, making the increase in size to 1 inch tubing meaningless. I have 2 questions.
First, what should I use after the 1 inch tubing to replace the current nozzle setup, and how should I secure this to the tank? I've seen some mention of spraybars, but have never seen one and don't really know the advantages/disadvantages to using them (or even what they do). Would this be better than a single nozzle? If I choose to go with a single nozzle (or even a spraybar), what parts should I use?
Second, I plan to have the fuge higher than the sump to allow a direct overflow back into the sump without the use of a second pump. I am going to put a 3/4 bulkhead and PVC for the overflow. Should I use another bulkhead to attach the 3/4 tubing feeding the fuge, and if so, should it be higher or lower than the bulkhead for the overflow? Or would it be better to run the tubing up and over the edge of the fuge (like what is curently in the tank)?
Sorry this is so long, and I hope it makes sense. I am not technologically gifted enough to provide a diagram at this point. Thanks!
Pete

jarvis

I would probobly just run your PVC inside the fuge and have it gravity feed back to your sump from the top so when the pump stops it will not drain the fuge. I think your talking about modular plumbing adapters. I would use 1inch and 45degree angles leading up into a 1inch T going along the back side above the tank. They make conections for 1inch plumbing with 1/2 and 3/4 inch threaded break offs. I would do a multiple break offs with the mod plumbing.