Returning Dead fish to swf.com

fish1031

One of my fish died on day 2. I read the directions on how to return and understand but I have a few questions...
do I have to pay shipping again?
Will if for sure get the refund?
How long does it take for them to ship you a replacement?
do i need to email them?
anyone you knows... feedback is appreciated.

M

microlady

You will have to pay for shipping your replacement, so it would probably be better to wait until you are ready to order more items before you get the guaranteed fish back. That way, it can hitch a free ride!

Go ahead and send them the dead one according to their instructions, and they will email you a guarantee code that you can use on your next order to replace the fish.
Heather :joy:

mbrennan

I would notify them ... they will not send you a replacement unless you meet the minimum order requirement, but they will issue you a "voucher" for the same fish on your next order. In other words, if you had a copperband butterfly die and get a return number on it the next time you make an order you order a copperband butterfly and instead of paying use your return number for the fish, but you still must meet the minimum order requirement ($79 I think).

engineer

Yes yoy will get a replacement. I sent the deaD fish back trackable USPS, that way if you end up for some reason not getting the replacement you have proof that it was received, THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PACKAGES!!!

gsd

Just what everyone needs to do is send dead fish back. I just do not get it. For what they cost you would think that a persons word was sufficient instead of making a complicated more costly affair out of something. Warranties as such are just more of a hassle that they hope most fokks will forget about.

gsd

Well, as good as it may be claimed to be, the other places still out do it hands down. Not only do they take a persons word at the death they will ship "FREE" of charge a replacement fish, or credit your credit card back or issue a store credit and their warranty is no questions asked, no bodies to return and no charges to ship replacement fish. AWarranty period is just as long also.......SO its pretty much a no brainer when it comes to where the best deal is especially when most times fish cost the same or even less when they have a sale, and you can actually talk to a customer service tech on a toll free phone. Oh and there is no hidden box and fuel surcharge costs either.....What the heck I know Miss Bias is gonna boot me anyhow so you all are wasting yur money buying here when Drs. Fopster and Smith have this place beat hands down, as does BIgAlsonline when it comes to buying drygoods. Why paya $200 for what Big Al sells for $80 and often times with free shipping.........
Bye yall, I now return this forum over to its NAZI regulators, er ah moderators who like to keep their sheep, er ah fish in the dark, as to where to buy and whats said!
Drs. Foster and Smith
Big Als Online
Best two hassles free cheapest places you can ever hope for, and there are also a lot of better forums all of which do not restrict posting vendors addrresses and names and get their panties in a wad for being control freaks!

cougar

just to put my 2 cents in, I have had a good experience with a dead fish at swf. A few orders with them and only one dead, except inverts. Can't remember how many crabs and snails. But I ordered so many hard to complain.

cptrigger

I had a great experience with SWF.com. Mailed my casualty back with the receipt and within about a week had an email confirmation that they were crediting me and instructions on how to get the new one. From the sounds of it, they will give you a one for one credit and not "money" back for something else. I haven't tried to receive my "refund" back, but will keep you updated when I do to let you know how it goes.
CPT