Returning with a bigger tank...

fishkid13

With all of the stuff that has been going on in my life, visiting this fourm has dropped to the bottom of the "to-do" list. But in light of moving and setting up a new tank, I am back.
History: As some of you know, I have currently have a 135gal aquarium (which by the way is doing pretty good). But now it is time for an upgrade.
Now: About a week ago I purchased a used 210 gallon double side overflow aquarium for...wait for it.....$175!
Here it is....

fishkid13

Thank you.
Maybe a little. I set this thread up for questions, and sense it is going to be an expansion of my reef, or mine and my dads reef combined, I have a lot of question. Also, the tank is currently being babysitted by my awesome uncle, until we move into our new house (still picking one).

fishkid13

Thanks. Found out yesterday that it will probably be close to 6 months till we get a new house and having this tank set up, but in that time I can prepare for everything.
I was thinking about taking my spare 3-6"L X 2"H eggcate peice and make a rock wall. Will having part of the back wall cover but not the rest look funny?
Thanks

fishkid13

Took pictures of my current tanks to keep this thread from being super lame, but can't find the cord to upload them...so for the time being it is still going to be lame.

I am still tossing around ideas for the filtration. Until my pump return pump broke, (long story) I had the water going through live rock for the fitration; with some carbon for clearer water. This worked/working fine with my tiny bioload, but in the new tank I am going to get more fish and corals. Thus needing improved filtration. I have thought of putting a good refugium, with a skimmer. Or a turf scubber. Any ideas or comments?

fishkid13

Any praticular kind of skimmer? About how many gallons is one of those large black horse trough? Close to 120 gallon?