Reverse-Osmosis recommendations please

jpg1441

I am clueless about RO units. For a 29 gallon tank, what processing ability (e.g. 24Gpd) and make-model (Pure Flo II, Kent, etc) RO is good? Any other considerations, like cartridge availability/cost?? Level of maintenance, etc? Anything to watch out for? Thanks.

scsinet

I have the Kent RO system. Mine is a 35gpd, and I use it to maintain a 180g reef, a 30g FOWLR, a 24g reef, and a 55g African Cichlid tank, so I'd say for a 29g, anything will be fine.
The thing about RO units is that even though there is a plethora of companies out there that hock the units, the cartridges and membranes are made by a handful of companies, so they are all pretty standard. You can get just about any RODI system and anyones replacement cartridges will fit them.
We can't discuss competing sites here. If you go to google shopping and type RODI you should be able to find something for a decent price.

forddna

aqua-safe is an affordable brand. Crappy instructions (if you search my posts, you'll see a thread I posted and how it was resolved).