Reverse Osmosis

smooth_9

Hello I am looking for a REVERSE OSMOSIS system, but I am kind of confused on what system I really need.
1. Do I need 4,5,6, or 7 stages?
2. Do I need U.V?
3. Is there any diffrence between a $250.00 kent filter, and a $69.00 e-bay filter?
4. How many g.p.d. do I need for a 55 gallon tank?
Thanks for your help SMooTH

rwhite

Were you looking at the Water General RO/DI? We've been wondering the same thing. I would have to say the more stages the better, but not positive. My question about them is whether or not its necessary to have a water pressure guage. Along with other questions, hope someone will help both of us out.

johnny5

I can attest to the ones on ---- made by aquasafe canada, they work great. I have been using mine for about 4-5 months now, it still tests 0 tds. My tapwater is around 80 tds. They are very affordable, I got the cheaper reef model (5 stage? 6 including the ro) that doesn't come with a tank or sink faucet. I dont see how any of the more expensive ones could beat it.

smooth_9

Thanks for telling me /us about Aqua Safe on e-bay. I was in the process of ckecking them out. Looks like they use the same 10" filers like others.
Thanks SMooTh