Reverse Osmosis

swifty

Is there any difference in a home system or a tank system, A friend is giving me a used one and want to make sure it will work before i go and get it.
thanks, even though it was a pretty stupid question

T

tizzo

Mine is an "in home" system... And I love it! I have never owned any other so I can't compare, but make sure you change out all of your membrane and carbon cartriges.

swifty

Well i picked it up tonight and i would like to know how u got it set up if u have a couple of extra seconds. Did u use the storage tank and did u use a pump to presureize the water from the tank to the filter?
thanks

T

tizzo

Yeah I use the storage tank, although it's only 1.33 gallon. I didn't need to pressurise my line (my water source was strong enough...40 lbs I think). I have the faucet set up on my sink which was a pain to install because my drill didn't have a guide. But I can open the faucet, and leave a 5 gallon jug under it throughout the night and it's usually full by morning.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by SWIFTY
Did u use the storage tank and did u use a pump to presureize the water from the tank to the filter?
thanks

Mine goes through the filter first, then into the tank.

swifty

i was confused for a sec., so u dont use it to filter the water u just use it to fill the tank during a water change?
another stipid question
thanks

T

tizzo

Awe geez, now I am confused...:confused:
What I am saying is that my water goes through the R/O filters first then into the units storage tank. But if I need a lot of water all at once I...

T

tizzo

And if I lift the little black handle on the "faucet", it will leave the line open. After the first gallon, it is a small trickle but it will usually fill the jug by morning.