reverse osmosis

antwon

hi so i was looking into buying an RO/DI unit but was wondering if it was worth the money or if i should just buy 5 gallons from the lfs so i could top off my tank i currently top off my tank with tap water which i dechlorinate before i use it whenever i put it in my tank it makes the water blurry for about 30 seconds then clears up i have a 72 gallon aquarium
-thanks!

meowzer

What are you going to do for water changes? In the long run an ro/di unit is well worth it....saves time and money...
Have you ever tested your tap water?
I'd vote for the ro/di

antwon

i only tested ph and it was 7.8 so i added buffer and it went to 8.3 but i know now that buffers don't correct ph if u use ro water then are all the parameters in check?

calbert0

dont waste money buying 5 gallon jugs or RO.
A unit pays for itself very quickly, especially if your tank evaporates like mine...
you will also have drinking water that is better than any britta filter will ever get you.

acrylic51

Do yourself a favor and buy an RO/DI unit....It will save you time and money over the long haul of not having to run back and forth to the LFS for water, and besides you never know when you might need water in a pinch. Another issue is how do you know the actual quality of the water your getting from the place? All the money we invest in our systems, why entrust your tanks well being to someone else. At least if you have your own system you can monitor the quality of the water going in with confidence.