Richard Rendos ?

jumpfrog

Richard; you've commented often on skimmers and if memory serves you also fabricate yourself.
I've just set up a new 125 that will be for an aggressive system. I have an oversized sump and want to go oversized with the skimmer as well.
I'm leaning towards a Nautilus TE or Turboflotor 1000. Any thoughts or advice you can give?
TIA

richard rendos

For the money I would say that a My Reef Creations skimmer is good. I have seen the TurboFlotor in action and it seems to do a good job, but I don't know anything about the Nautilus. The beckett foam injector skimmers are great but require a really good high pressure pump. The only ones I have made that worked well were venturi. I haven't been able to get my beckett's to work very well. I will have to work on it. MRC skimmers use the beckett and I guess they have mastered it.

j21kickster

i have seen the nautilus in action - it is pretty good- the venturi it comes with prodeuce a ton of bubbles it is easy to set up and maintain- they are a good skimmer for the price- we sell them at my work for 165 w/o pump