Ricordea

riemski

Just received my first ever ricordeas - orange, blue, and green single polyps. I understand these are not really corals, but more like a mushroom or an anemone. Anyway, can I spot glue these polyps to a piece of live rock? Or do these roam similar to anemones? If I can glue them, how much distance would you put between the polyps/different colors? Thanks for your help.

M

markeo99

the actual recordia can not be glued is there a pice of rock of some kind attached it? if not get some rubble rock and put it in a bowl put the rics in on top of the rubble they attach themselves. you will need to put a mesh of some kind to keep them from blowing out of the bowl set the bowl in your tank for a few days then you glue the rubble on where you want it

M

markeo99

and distance is your preferance they can touch if you want them to or give them plenty of room to spread

riemski

Yes, small pieces are attached to the bottom of the rics, but you can still see the bottoms of them. I will just do tiny glue spots on those small pieces. Thanks for your quick reply.

flricordia

You will find they will glue best if you remove them from the water, flip them over onto a clean paper towel, pat dry the frag rock theya re attatched to, pat dry the rock you are glueing them to and place a small amount of glue to both surfaces and flip the ric over onto the spot joining the two glue dollops. Then place them into the water and the glue will setup. It is fine to remove the rics from the water for a couple minutes so take your time. It will not hurt them if you get some glue onto the ric itself.
They can touch or not. Place them into a med flow area jsut enough to get they spirosysts moving but not enough to flod them over. High light is best for ricordea florida which it sounds that that is what you got by the color descriptions.

debbie

Flricordia, may I ask you a question. Can you tell me if Yumas come in orange with green or just the Floridas come in this color combo??
I need to get a good pic of my "million dollar" ric that was sold to me as a Yuma and get you to tell me which one it is for sure.

spanko

It is actually pretty easy to tell the difference. Floridas no tentacles around the mouth.

Yuma have the tentacles on the mouth.

*** please dont post watermarked photos***

debbie

Mine is so darn small that I will have to use a magnifying glass to see what kind it is ........

flricordia

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/2681117
Mine is so darn small that I will have to use a magnifying glass to see what kind it is ........

If it is a baby and came naturally that small then it is probably a yuma. Ricordia fl split so they are usually at least 1" diameter. Yumas drop minitures behind and can be really small, but to answer the question, yes, yumas and fl both can be that color combo so without a pic

riemski

Thank you for the additional info Flricordia. I have them spot glued in and they are looking great! I will post a pic soon. And yes, plenty of light - 250MH and PC actinic. How fast do rics typically grow? I am sure alot of factors need to be considered, but would you consider them slow, medium, or fast? Also, how big do they typically get before splitting?

debbie

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2682977
If it is a baby and came naturally that small then it is probably a yuma. Ricordia fl split so they are usually at least 1" diameter. Yumas drop minitures behind and can be really small, but to answer the question, yes, yumas and fl both can be that color combo so without a pic

Cannot get a good picture of this ric, it is the size of a dime. With my magnifying glass I see a very very tiny baby ric just below it, so like you said it is probably a Yuma. It was sold to me as that and when it gets bigger I will send you a pic for proper verification.
Do you ever keep Yuma's??

flricordia

http:///forum/post/2684145
Cannot get a good picture of this ric, it is the size of a dime. With my magnifying glass I see a very very tiny baby ric just below it, so like you said it is probably a Yuma. It was sold to me as that and when it gets bigger I will send you a pic for proper verification.
Do you ever keep Yuma's??

Yes, theya re as nice as FL but a little more tempermental with water conditions and lighting. If you have it in a spot and it looks like it is happy, leave it there. They do not like being moved and though no corallimorpharian likes being moved, ricordea florida it does nto affect them as much. They will continue to thrive. Yumas can witheraway for no reason it seems, though if given good water conditions, frequent feedings and low to moderate flow (high flow rates will cause them to detatch) they will grow to become monsters.

debbie

With it being this tiny do you recommend feeding it and with what??
Which are bigger florida rics or yuma rics??

hexedagain1

http:///forum/post/2685149
With it being this tiny do you recommend feeding it and with what??
Which are bigger florida rics or yuma rics??

Yuma ricordeas tend to get bigger.
I feed my yumas cyclopeeze and rotifers. They get the leftovers from my clown pair when I feed Rod's Food.
I personally have never seen a yuma actually eat anything, and I have a ton of them right now.