rics

how fast or how often to these split in your tank?? also please put what kind of lights you have and where you position your rics.

ovenmitt

I would be interested to hear this as well. My wife has a old eclipse tank and I never saw one split. So how often what lights, where do you place them. Are you adding anything for them in general? What kinda flow? I am still new but these are my favorite thing and I would love to see them take off. Also how do you trade these, are they whole or are you fraggin them? And if so how do you frag these?

ovenmitt

I would be interested to hear this as well. My wife has a old eclipse tank and I never saw one split. So how often do they do this and under what lights, where do you place them. Are you adding anything for them in general? What kinda water flow? I am still new but these are my favorite thing and I would love to see them take off. Also how do you trade these, are they whole or are you fraggin them? And if so how do you frag these?

vtfishies

i got this last april..it started off and one..than two than three and now is splittin agian..first split took a bit longer it seemed with pc lights..but has split twice since i put 2 250 watt MH lights up..they are under a 10k bulb.

flricordia

Just depends. There are many factors such as water quality, feedings, lighting. Mine seem to split faster when I remove the Mh and run PC for a few days every couple weeks or so. Feeding helps them along too.
I use MH 14k most of the time. Refugium is the only filteration besides LR. I also add iodine on daily basis. High nitrates are detrimental to ricordias.

richarl5

Originally Posted by Flricordia
Just depends. There are many factors such as water quality, feedings, lighting. Mine seem to split faster when I remove the Mh and run PC for a few days every couple weeks or so. Feeding helps them along too.
I use MH 14k most of the time. Refugium is the only filteration besides LR. I also add iodine on daily basis. High nitrates are detrimental to ricordias.

Wow! What do you feed your rics? I have one that has doubled in size but has yet to split or grow another mouth (I've had it for maybe three or four months).
Thanks,
Lisa