Right reef lighting?

hey, i am about to buy lighting for my tank sometime soon, and i was wondering if these would do good for what i am wanting for my tank.. My tank is a 30 gallon tall, eclipse my tank is abot 24 inches tall. . I would like to keep bubble coral, mushrooms, brain coral, sponges, polyps (not sure what kind) and maybe a type of stony coral.. here is a link to the lights i am thinking of buying.. http://customaquatics.com/customaqua...nlong=Eclipse# the last one, 24 inch long.. what do you think? ~ Da Puppy!

justinl

No, IMO this light will not be sufficient, especially for anything other than polyps.
I would suggest at least 2 24" 75w VHO's or 2 55w PC's, but that is the minimum I would go with. With those lights you still might not have good luck with stonies- VHO's maybe, but not PC's.
Just my opinion.

justinl

No, IMO this light will not be sufficient, especially for anything other than polyps.
I would suggest at least 2 24" 75w VHO's or 2 55w PC's, but that is the minimum I would go with. With those lights you still might not have good luck with stonies- VHO's maybe, but not PC's.
Just my opinion.

javatech

yes it's ok you just have to make sure that the rod in the back is adj right there is a spot that you have to keep the water level if it's too high when the pumps stop it will brake the siphon and it's a pain to start. as soon as i can im putting in bulkheads in i have it all just have to get the fish out before i drill the glass

danrw84

javatech
i suggest you get rid of the elcipse lid and get a hood and get a retrofit kit for that, a skimmer and hang on filter.
JMO