Rinsing off Live Rock in cured tank, YES or NO

pappa d

alright, my 58gallon aquascaping just flat out is a wreck. i tried to change some stuff in it today but ended up just making it worse and the water is so cloudy i cant even see 3 inches behind the glass. my plan was tomorrow to just take out all of the rocks and piece it together 1 by 1 so i could do it in a more organized/planned out mannor. my question was, when i take out the live rock i know that the water will get really cloudy again and i'll have to wait a little to see but can i wash off the rest of the sand on the rocks so when i put it back in i could somewhat see?

aztec reef

first of all i hope you have No livestock yet...As for rinsing the live rock, you're gonna have to do it in Saltwater. Unless is just base-rock/dead-rock and Not "live rock" .

reefer545

Make a stock of saltwater for otherwise a waterchange. Instead use it to rinse your LR in. WAIT a few days for the water to mature. I know it sucks waiting for anything. Put all of your live rock in the bucket or whatever of new water, and then piece it together in you tank one by one. Also, if you want take it out and piece it together on a garbage bag laid on the floor so you know how the pieces fit together, do so, it helps. It is always a bit different in the tank, but you may get a better idea. This way you do not stir up the sand too much,a dn hopefully avoid causing any cycle already in the process of denitrifying to take any longer. Good luck and post pics when you are done. Also, stir the sand a LITTLE BIT when you are doing filter cleanings and water changes to keep from nitrite and nitrate build up, and then buy some sand sifters when the tank is ready.

pappa d

thanks. also, i am not a totaly new to saltwater tanks i just am in the process of turning my once agressive tank to a reef and wanted to do some aquascaping changes and i wasnt really sure where to post this so i thought i'd probably get the most help in this forum. with that said, i will start on this little project tomorrow and hopefully post some pics in later days. thanks again-