RIO PUMPS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

j-man

WARNING RIO PUMPS SUCK:
My Rio 2100 melted in the tank last night and caused a huge mess Please consider removing these pumps I wish I would have listened to the warnings I've heard about these pumps.
DON'T USE RIO PUMPS!

crablegs

Thanks for the info J, I'm running that same pump in my 90 and I've had two occasions recently when it would not start back up for several minutes after being turned off (it's less than a year old). Your story is enough to scare me in to taking it out now...anybody got good suggestions for an in-sump pump?

byrself

go with some maxi-jets. they are reliable imo. you could get a couple and have more inlets for current. hth

fish head

My RIO 2500 also melted in the sump last year. It was only 14 months old. The whole house smelt like burnt electrical when I got home and the breaker had blown. Lucky for me the RIO pump was in the sump and when the power tripped, and no contaminated water entered the display tank. I would NEVER buy a RIO pump again. If you have a RIO in your display tank, consider removing it.

jim27

What kind of good pump/powerhead is the equivalant of a rio 2500? I have one in my shark tank and you guys got me scared.

cody

lurch, i live in tucson and go to majestic. they know there stuff and have a good selection of corals and stuff.