RISC

risc

Not at this time... but if you want to know what they are. They are standard outdoor above ground pools that you can buy from any Outdoor Recreation and Game store.
Jim

so your telling me you have spent all this money, AND have an outdoor pool thats saltwater, but you dont have a picture of it? Im not sayin i dont belive you have one, it just seems strange

risc

TheReefMan52: This may surprise you, but I don't even have a fax machine, scanner, or even a printer for my computer. I don't own a video camera, digital camera, or normal 35mm camera. I don't even own a CD player or a DVD player. ... I have 3 main passions... my sharks, cars, and architecture. None of which really cross my hobbies, which are downhill skiing, collecting swords, and my computer. My sharks I never really considered a hobby... more like a challenge. Racing my camaro isn't really a hobby either... just something to pass the time once or twice a year. I don't have a use for such items. I don't buy something unless I want/need it... and I really don't need those things.
Jim

risc

ksheely:
My equipment is Emperor Aquatics. I have a 1200 gpd R/O unit, it uses dual Hydrascape skid mounted filters... which includes a UV sterlizer. I also use a fluidized bed filter manufactured by Aquaneer that does mechanical and biological filtration at the rate of 200gpm.
Both are heated by saltwater protected pool heaters built specifically for my purpose.
Both are lit by pool lights and flood lamps not aimed directly at the water.
Jim

acuraman2

Risc you're into cars as well thats cool cause I am too not as much domestics as imports but cars are cars right.

HA i love my acura! but anyway.. RISC.. i totally belive you have all this, i would just LOVE to see some pictures of it, as would anyone else. Also do your neibors mind you have 4 ft sharks swimming in your backyard?? doesnt rainwater effect the salt? also how much has this cost you????

risc

acuraman2: I hate 3,4,5, and 6 cylinder engines. :D
However I don't hate imports. I have a 1998 Dodge Ram and C30 Chevy 1 ton. Both with V8s 350 and 360. My collector cars are my 1984/G Camaro Z28 and a 1971 Lamborghini Muira SV. The Camaro was basically scraped and rebuilt. I took out the stock 305HO with a pathetic 190 horsepower and added a GM 502 block with 635 horse power. The Lamborghini has a V12 and is about 380 horse but I never drive it at all. I also have a 1978 MGB with only a 4 cylinder but it doesn't run (needs to be rewired) and it goes pretty fast since the car only weighs about 1,000 pounds.
I did recently buy my fiance a Pontiac Grand Am GT.. so I am guilty of buying a 6 :rolleyes:
But in like 10 years when I can afford it I'll buy her that ferrari she wants. :rolleyes:

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: risc ]

risc

TheReefMan52: The neighbors don't mind... but they stay out of my yard too. Most people do... heheheh...
Rainwater is saltwater and there isn't sufficient rain to ever cause significant problems. Also many times during the year my pools are covered anyhow.
It's cost me up to this point... about the cost of a average single family home in the upper midwest region.
Jim

D

diatom

RISC~
I'll take the Lambo off your hands for you...you don't want that smelly old gas guzzler collecting dust at your place....what a car like that needs is the flats of Fargo. :D

acuraman2

Thats cool risc so how many sharks do you normally have at any given time? Also by the way I do own a 4 cyl with a pathetic 195 HP stock but i should be pushing around 230 with my current mods. Ive always respected V8s, especially camaros, but they just arent my thing. By the way my car is a Acura Integra Type-R, basically the factory hot rod from Honda, weighing in at 2600 lbs, and having a 1.8 DOHC VTEC engine, 230 HP isnt to shabby for it being not having any type of forced induction. As long as you dont drive a mustang then your ok in my books. One last thing do you know anyone keeping a tiger? I remember seeing one at this aquarium in Hawaii but it was small and didnt look to be doing well.

Novice, That isnt right, ha no chance.Each year the Ford Special Vehicle Team ("SVT") builds limited production Ford Mustang Cobras which are sold only through SVT authorized Ford dealerships. In 1996, SVT began production of Cobras powered by a 4.6 liter, 32 valve dual overhead cam modular V8's. This is an engine which has a stock redline of 6,800 RPM and produces305HP from a 281 cubic inch motor which equates to approximately 1.1 HP per cubic inch305

acuraman2

If you truly do have that car you will beat but my car isnt a dragster its a track machine it was designed to be used on a race track. Also my car is just getting started at 6800 rpm......Id like to see a stock american car that can turn 8400 rpms.

novice150

Reefman, yeah, Im aware of that info. Thats the reason I was interested in them in the 1st place. The fact that these engines are hand built, and installed in a limited number of cars (4v only in the cobra) really got my motor running :) Furthermore, in 1996, Ford produced 1999, cobras with a special color shifting paint called mystic. All of which were hardtops, with black ********. Mine happens to be #569, of 1999. Really cool car in my opinion.
Acuraman, even though my eyes are brown, It dosent mean Im full of s--t. :) Yes I have the car. I only mentioned it after I read about your dislike for stangs. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. If we all liked exactly the same thing, the world would be a pretty boring place. Thats cool your into road racing though, I never got into it. I prefer the 1/4.

novice150

Forgot to mention I shift at 7,500. Peak HP is at 7500, but then the rev limiter kicks in. The are people who have played with the comp on these cars and spun them to 9k. :D

risc

High RPMs are worthless and a waste of gas. What do they really do for you besides propel your rice forward slightly faster. People don't buy cars to race to work... or to race to the grocery store.
But then again... I guess ignorance is bliss.
The fastest production car in the world *ehm* Lamborghini Diablo ... peaks at 590 horsepower at 7300rpm and 640 torque at 5500rpm. That is impressive. That is is far more horsepower at lower rpms then you are referring to. You WANT horsepower at low rpms... not high. Unless you like rebuilding your engine every 3 years. How many of you guys with your import autos use 20W50 weight oil. My guess is none of you. I'd hate to see what your engine walls look like. :eek:
acuraman2: Chevy produced fifty Camaro Indys in 1994 with a 9.2 litre V8 and 972 horsepower at 8500rpms... so I guess you have one for your list.
Jim