RO container = High TDS reading

ifirefight

I was doing my water change today..I decided to check my 44 gallons of RO/DI I use for top off water. I was getting a reading of 003,so I figure,well I better order some new filters. Then just for s4its and giggles,I turned on the RO/Di unit and let some water run into a clean glass...reading came back 000. So I dump all my water,and find that the inside of the container feels a little "slimey". Gave it a good cleaning,starting to re-fil,reading 000 still. The moral of the story......clean your container once in a while..I dont think I have ever cleaned/rinsed it in 3 years. Live and learn.

t316

Not slamming ifirefight...but EXCELLENT advice. I picked up on this about a year ago. Not from my TDS meter, but just observation that "this cannot be good". Ever since this revelation, I drain my RODI holding tud, and my top off RODI tank, down and completely wipe it out with a vinegar rag, then rinse, wipe down again, etc...
Good thread ifirefight....

ifirefight

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/3220909
Not slamming ifirefight...but EXCELLENT advice. I picked up on this about a year ago. Not from my TDS meter, but just observation that "this cannot be good". Ever since this revelation, I drain my RODI holding tud, and my top off RODI tank, down and completely wipe it out with a vinegar rag, then rinse, wipe down again, etc...
Good thread ifirefight....

Yeah,It just really never occurred to me to clean that container...and I'm pretty good at keeping my equipment clean.I was assuming since the water had a 000 reading,that there was nothing in the water could go "bad". I ended up hosing it out,and wiping it with a paper towel...again nothing really noticeable from looking at the water....but the container felt slimy at the very bottom.

evanjah

is it possible you huy could post pics of your homeade holding units , i wanna make one, thx guys/girls!!!