RO/DI equipment a worthwhile investment?

ahoowahoo

I've been thinking of purchasing a RO/DI unit (specifically Kent) and was look for some feedback concerning their value. Aside from the need to adding buffernig agents to maintain Ph stability, is there any other significant concerns?
When it finally dawned on me that I could use it not only for my SW tank, but my discus tank as well, I think I can rationalize spending some $$ on one (under $200 for the capcity I need). :D
Thought, questions, concerns??
Thx as always,
Brad :)

It's also good for the family. That's just a tip to get your spouse to chip in :D Anyway, it's worth it if you have the money for it. I don't so I buy it from my lfs at $.50 a gallon. Since I've been making constent water changes to reduce my nitrates I've purchased roughly 50 gallons a month. so if I don't puchase one, in eight to ten months I would have spent the same amount for water as the cost of a R/O unit.
Each time I purchase water I put ten bucks on my account toward a R/O unit. Just an option.

:) i agree with puff(er) daddy. you can use it for drinking water, and your wife will go along easier w/the purchase, and in my experience, it is easier to get the replacement filters for it because she'll get used to and like the taste/clarity of the water and ice. :) :cool:

S

schroder_reef

Love it and it is a great investment if you can afford it. Our LFS is 50 miles away, so it not only saves us the $.50 a gallon, but a heck of a drive. Just make sure you watch it so you don't spill about 15 gallons on your carpet cuz you decide "I'll watch it we don't need the shut off tube in" What a mess....
LOL
Ambie