RO/DI help please!!

55 gallon

I finally made the jump and purchased an RO/DI system, I purchased a 75GPD RO/DI 5 stage PLUS system from Bulkreef Supply. I received the unit and was very excited and happy. The unit looked exactly how I felt it should. I installed the unit tonight....My first problem is that the pressure Gauge is reading 20-25PSI( after reviewing accompanying paperwork I need 50 PSI for unit to be effective?) Please advise me what my options are for this problem. In addition the unit has 2 drips(leaks) the first is where the pressure gauge is mounted, the second is the fitting where the water exits the third canister. I have emailed Bulkreef Supply concerning the drips, I have not heard back from them yet.
Please help me with anything that will make this transition easier..I am hoping I made the right choice by investing in RO/DI Unit.
Thanks,
Paul

t316

Hi Paul, and welcome to the boards...

Don't worry about your pressure. I only have about 25 myself. It's not going to compromise your water or equipment, but might take a little longer to make the water. As far as your leaks, you need to determine if this is leaking from an area that "you" installed, or if it's really one of the manufacturer's connections. If the former, take it apart and redo, making sure you have used plumbers putty or tape. If it's one of the manufacturer's connector's leaking, just wait on their response and hope for an exchange due to a faulty part. Most of these connectors are simple though. Just pull it apart, clean everything off and try it again.

bizzmoneyb

i have the very same unit.
im guessing your using your sink as the water source? doesnt seem like you can get enough pressure right from the faucet. do you have access to an outdoor hose? thats what i use and get 60-70 psi.
as far as the leaks did you try taking the tubes out and reattaching them? mine was completely leak free from day one, i was surprised.
i hope you have better luck with their "customer support." i had a problem with my unit and contacted them. they responded once, then totally blew off my follow up questions. luckily the problem fixed itself.

jackri

The pressure is all about what kind of your lines are holding -- the lower the pressure the less gallons per day you will produce is all. My 50gpd unit will only produce a gallon or so an hour but works great.... I've never had a leak with mine from airwaterice but I agree in trying to redo your connections.

55 gallon

The connections that are dripping are definately from manufacturer, I did not receive an answer from them yet....I will give a few days and then try to contact them again.
Thanks for all of your help....

locoyo386

Hi there,
Originally Posted by 55 Gallon
http:///forum/post/2996089
I finally made the jump and purchased an RO/DI system, I purchased a 75GPD RO/DI 5 stage PLUS system from Bulkreef Supply. I received the unit and was very excited and happy. The unit looked exactly how I felt it should. I installed the unit tonight....My first problem is that the pressure Gauge is reading 20-25PSI( after reviewing accompanying paperwork I need 50 PSI for unit to be effective?(In some cases people add pumps to increase the pressure, but would not recomend unless you already talked to customer service)) Please advise me what my options are for this problem. In addition the unit has 2 drips(leaks) the first is where the pressure gauge is mounted, the second is the fitting where the water exits the third canister. I have emailed Bulkreef Supply concerning the drips, I have not heard back from them yet.
Please help me with anything that will make this transition easier..I am hoping I made the right choice by investing in RO/DI Unit.
Thanks,
Paul
The higher the pressure (as long as you dont have extreme high pressure) the better filtration you will get. In my opinion you are better off calling the customer department of the brand of filtration you got. They might be able to help you with these type of problems. Plus if they recomend a solution it might be better for you incase you have to replace the unit for some reason.

As a last resort you can add a booster pump to up the pressure but that's going to use electricity.
Does your unit use john guest fittings? Looks like this?

If so then pull the collar back and remove the tubing and then reinsert it. Sometimes you just need to reseat the connection to stop it from leaking. Also, make sure the tubing is cut cleanly and squarely. If it is jagged it could leak. As for the leak near the canister, you can try tightening it a tiny bit more to see if it stops. Just be careful not to crack anything.