RO/DI question

aratroth

What is a decent, yet (hopefully) fairly inexpensive filter for tap water. I would really like to get one, but I dont want to get burned by going too cheap and having to buy a new one after only a few months of use...
thanks

travis99

I paid $149 for mine. It is a 5 stage ro/di. The thing works great. I got it off ----. I can't remember the brand name, but that is a safe price. IMO
Travis

travis99

The 4 dashes is a pretty well know ****online. Seems to be that this site is a little bizarre when it comes to mentioning other places you can buy things. Which is not very friendly if you ask me.
Travis

shinobi9119

I just got a great RO/DI unit, the Typhoon. It is 5 stages and I have one at 75 gpd. It is a great, I got 0 TDS first time. Customer service is great, idk if I can say the place but just google Typhoon RODI unit

patandlace

Airwaterice makes good rodi units that aren't too expensive. I have the compact reefers one, and I'm happy with it.

joncat24

buckeye field supply has a very nice unit that comes with everything you need inclucding a tds meter and pressure gauge built in for $161. Has the .6 micron chlorine guzzler and refillable DI cartridge also.

kwolfskill

Originally Posted by travis99
http:///forum/post/2547291
The 4 dashes is a pretty well know ****online. Seems to be that this site is a little bizarre when it comes to mentioning other places you can buy things. Which is not very friendly if you ask me.
Travis
These forums are provided free of charge for us to use, by a company that is in the business of selling saltwater aquarium stuff (fish, corals, RO/DI units, etc.) through this web site. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for this company to allow their competition to get free advertising on their web site.