RO/DI recommendations

drewster

I came to the conclusion that my dinky little tap water purifier isn't good enough for my saltwater tank. I'm saving up some money and i want to get a RO/DI unit. What brand and unit do you people recommend? I've seen people talk about the Kent Marine Hi-S RO/DI unit and the Spectra Pure 4stage RO/DI unit. Any thoughts on these two or do you recommend a different one? I'm looking to spend around $225. Thanks

mr . salty

Call your culligan man. Really, they have houshold units for $3.95 a month startup . After a couple months i think it's $20 per month.It does like 20gals a day. STEVE

fcalev

I have the Spectra Pure 4stage RO/DI (60 gallon)unit and it works great. I use two 5 gallon plastic water containers to hold the water (1 for pure water only and 1 for salt + water). I bought this unit after discovering that the phosphates in my tap water were the same as my 135 gallon reef tank (very high). At least we are rated as having the best tasting tap water in the country.

mr . salty

If your tap water is so good, why use anything but? I wish I didn't have to buy water. sounds like unnecisary(spelled wrong) expense. Not trying to be a smart a***, But why spend $$$ if you don't have to. STEVE

drewster

I wish i had the best tap water in the country but living near Detroit probably doesn't help. Detroit could give a rats ass of what we drink. Anyways...i wanted some more info on these RO/DI machines. If i bought a machine would i need to buy anything else to hook it up to the sink? I noticed there are tons of addons I could buy for the Kent Marine machine. I'll probably buy the drinking water addon. What is the flush kit and the float valve shut off kit for? I'm no genius when it comes to this sort of stuff. Thanks

bobsingh1

I recently ordered a RO/DI machine (4 stage). Cost me $235 and does 60 gal a day. I thought I had a deal until I saw a Unit a Price/Costco store in my area. A five stage RO/DI and guess the price... $150.00. I was so bummed...