RO/DI unit

justin_ny

i would like to buy reverse osmosis for my family, other than that i also want it for my fish tank. been searching around , i found that Di unit is using chemical. so guys, do u think its safe to buy DI unit for drinking? or should i just go with RO unit. please help me

cboyfan2020

you can buy ro/di units that have an attachment you can use for drinking water. i dont know exactly what it is called but they do havethem out there.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
There is so much info on this regarding options in our Equiptment Forum. Just use the Search Feature, type in RO/DI.

radcast2

I just bought one and it took about 2 months before i finally made up my mind. I got one from the following link. I went with the 4 stage value line RO/DI 75gpd.
http://www.aquaticreefsystems.com/
Ask For John tell him Rich from Virginia sent you.
THe price with a few options DI bypass, Faucet adatper, the Washer maching hook up adapter is a good idea, since you waste 3-5g's per 1g of good water, YOu can use the "waste water to use in washer machine (waste water is same thing that came out of faucet) and S&H was $182.00
If you become a member at .. (membership is free)
http://reefcentral.com/
You will get like 10% discount
Rich
PS you can always search ---- there are a lot of good deals on there.

cboyfan2020

radcast....FYI linking to other sites is a big no-no. This thread will probably get deleted for that reason. Just for future reference.

Many hobbiests here and elsewhere are very happy with the cost, quality and multiple functions (aquarium, drinking water, ice maker, etc.) of the systems made and sold by airwaterice.com. Moderator Beth just set up a system to do all of the above quite recently. They have great ---- auctions for their Typhoon systems. I have the Typhoon II and could not be happier. They have great customer service and support and will help you set up your system to meet your needs (such as DI/RO for tank water, RO for drinking, etc). And, their price cannot be beat. Do some searches here about the typhoon and airwaterice. Oh, and DI water is fine to drink, just not necessary to have your drinking water THAT pure. There is a long thread about this on a reef chemistry forum elsewhere and all of the chemists are quite sure that DI water is not harmful to drink. Hope that helps.
Good Luck,
-Christine
email me if you want to.