Ro/di

tony s

Any suggestions on proven filtration systems for the kitchen sink?
I want to use the water for water changes and general drinking.
I have 2 40 gallon tanks as well as a 135.
Any input?

dsa_mom

Not sure what you're asking about--if you mean something like a Brita filter that screws on to the faucet--generally it is considered not good enough filtration. If you are asking about an RO/DI unit which can be placed under the sink and plumbed into the line there, that is considered the best type of filtration. We have an RO/DI unit which is just attached to a faucet in the laundry room with a screw-on attachment to the faucet and a "gate" valve which allows the water to run either through the unit or through the faucet as needed. Is this what you are asking?

dreeves

RO/DI all the way...specially with the amount of water you probably use..only way to fly...at the minimum..a DI standalone unit.

dzones

I have a Water General. It has a 5 stage RO unit and the DI as well. It comes with the stainless faucet for drinking and a 3 gallon "under the sink" tank. It is rated for 85 gallons per day (GPD). I have had this unit for about 2 months now and love it. It makes awesome drinking water as well. It has a pretty good warranty and all the filter replacements are long lastinga nd easily available at a reasonable price compared to others.
I paid only 143.00 delivered to my home via ups.
You can see it on ----.

dreeves

AirWaterand Ice dual home/reef set...
189.00 with the 75 gpd upgrade. 5stage drinking, 6 stage reef.
Comes with faucet, tank and all hardware. Guy has been in business for some time now and is responsive to any problems.