Ro water

clownguy38

Was wondering if I set up my tank with ro water and salt if I can use that ocean water in the bottle for water changes and tank evaporation?????? I heard that ro water doent last that long
How long does the ocean water last???

birdy

Not sure what you mean by RO water doesn't last long???
You can use the ocean water in a jug for water changes, but you want to add either RO or Distilled water for topoff (evaporation) because when water evaporates the salt stays in the water just water evaporates so you just want to replace with fresh water.

thangbom

um... im lost as to what the question is.. are you saying that ro/di water go bad acther a X amout of time when it's still in the bottle ( or whaatnot ) unused?? or are you saying that it dont last long in the fish tank? well either ways.. ill answer to both.. no ro/di water dont go bad when it is not mixed and not used in the tank.. (as in if it is still in the bottle) and evry water go bad when it is in a fish tank... it's not that the water 'GO BAD' it's just that thw water get poluted as to say.. and that happend to every tank and body of water.. just think of taking a bath.. and not pulling out the plug.. all that nasty stuff stay in the water.. and make the water bad... so the qeustion that your need to answer is what type of filter do you have?? and that GHA problem.. it is cause by ever feeding in your case since you are not using tap water...

thangbom

um... im lost as to what the question is.. are you saying that ro/di water go bad acther a X amout of time when it's still in the bottle ( or whaatnot ) unused?? or are you saying that it dont last long in the fish tank? well either ways.. ill answer to both.. no ro/di water dont go bad when it is not mixed and not used in the tank.. (as in if it is still in the bottle) and evry water go bad when it is in a fish tank... it's not that the water 'GO BAD' it's just that thw water get poluted as to say.. and that happend to every tank and body of water.. just think of taking a bath.. and not pulling out the plug.. all that nasty stuff stay in the water.. and make the water bad... so the qeustion that your need to answer is what type of filter do you have?? and TOP OFFwater is RO/di water unmixed with salt... ( do not top it off with more new clean saltwater or any saltwater at that.. cuzz the salt is still in your tank.. it's only the water that evaporated..)