ro water

todj2002

where should i get ro water. walmart? lfs? should i just go ahead and by ro unit? i have looked at alot of them but i dont know what is good or bad. anyone have any suggestions as to where to get ro water or what type of unit to buy. :help:

bad venom

I bought mine from e--y look for a username/store purewaterplanet. I bought the 6 stage RO w/DI and pump and work out awsome for my saltwater and freshwater fish oh and my Ice maker. Can't beat the price. I talkked to this guy on the phone very nice to deal with.

mygatt

Hey I agree Bad Venom the guy from pure water planet was really helpful - I think his name was sam? I just got a 120 gallon tank, dumped sand in it two days ago and turned on all my pumps ect.... the water is great - I got the six stage also with the UV. Good Luck

patandlace

Just buy an RO unit. It will pay for itself in a few months and you won't have to lug buckets of water around a store.

f14peter

If you're going to get into this hobby, I think an RO or RO/DI unit is invaluable.
They really aren't too expensive and as mentioned, when factoring in time, gasoline, and hassle, are well worth it.
They are very uncomplicated, both to set up and run. I got a 5-stage from Air-Water-Ice and it took less than an hour to set up and get running . . . and that time included a trip to a big-box homestore to get a few doo-dads because I ordered the wrong source connection.
Filled our 90g the other day and can't for the life of me imagine what that would have taken if we had to go fetch that amount of water from source other than the big bucket in our laundry room.