RO water

jden092901

Could I use the water that they have in Walmart, the machine you get your own water, like a gallon at a time until i have the means to make my own ro water? I was told by a local fish store you can use that water.

jden092901

Thanks man, guess ill be making a trip to my most hated store...huh...o well..its for my tank so thats ok.
Josh

N

nereef

unless your have a really small tank, your own RO system will pay for itself pretty quickly. and it's more convenient. plus, you never know who is taking care of those systems.

dawman

Originally Posted by NEreef
unless your have a really small tank, your own RO system will pay for itself pretty quickly. and it's more convenient. plus, you never know who is taking care of those systems.

Good advice right there !!

maeistero

hate to crash the party but an emphatic NO from me.
walmart water has been tested by numerous people to not meet anything near ro/di. it's also different in every district and sometimes by date. i have personally tested series of gallon jugs and found wildly different tds readings from the same shelf. research it, use the search function and check r/central.
i'd trust it for fo maybe, but definitely not in my tanks.

rudedog40

Don't think he's talking about the gallon jugs on the shelf. Most Walmart's have a Culligan RO system where you can fill your own containers for around 25 - 33 cents per gallon. They sell 5 gallon jugs for around $13.00.