Rock Anemones

jmann

I am pretty sure what I have is Rock Anemone. Does anyone know if they are good or bad for a reef tank or does it not really matter.

anadliv

I have one in a 29 gallon reef. THey can still still other corals if they touch them. THe good thing about them is they hardly ever move, I have had one in the same place for 2 years. Im sure otheres will agree they dont move as much as other aneomes. THey are also better than other anoemes for small reefs becuase they have very short tenacles

ci11337

great anemone that adds interest to the tank with little danger. Mine moved the first night (3 years ago) hasn't moved since. Also extremely hardy.

reefkprz

mine has moved a couple times.once he blazed through a patch of zoas but for the most part they arent as prone to moving as most other anemone, once they find a spot they like they tend to stay put. they wont host clownfish though if that is your interest in keeping an anemone.

jmann

Mine is green just like that one. It hasnt moved since it was put there and I have a rosetip that the clowns host so I dont have to worry about that.