rock/lighting question

boadyboom

I have 30lbs of LR but my powercompact lighting made alot of noise so i took it back and ordered a new light system.. My question is that will it hurt to not have any lighting for about a week. My tank just got up and running on sunday- so its just strating its cycle period.. this is what i have running
--bak pak 2r
--whisper wet/dry power filter-- but i took out the sponge mainly using it for water turnover or should i run it with sponge ==and will run charcoal through it later
--900 maxi-jet power head
--zoo-med power sweep 214 power head
30lbs LR
20lbs LS and another 20lbs bulk sand hopefully that all turns into LS
--yellow tail damsel and a domino damsel which will go into my QT once my cycle ends
the light system I just ordered is a 36" 2x96W coral life Lunar aqualight deluxe series 1 actinic and 1 10,000K and 2 blue leds(moonlight)
--36g bowfront
Can anyone give me info about my set up? I am new to Salt water i ran a 90 g cichlid tank for yrs but sold it all so now starting over. What are the types of corals can I have and not have with this setup? Is this tank to small to have a ray in it? My lfs has 2 that are about 5 inches dont know much about them but he said they are not hard to take care of.

nacl-man

Your tank should be fine without lights for a while. The fish might get weird though, do you have a NO light (like that came with the tank) or something to make due? It doesn't have to be a very high wattage.

jlem

Just keep the room lit during the day and they should be fine. if the room is lit with natural light then the tank should be pretty bright anyways.

bdhough

ditto on the light. just make sure direct sunlight doesn't hit the tank for very long or youll run into algae problems.

newty

i am wondering that too. i was wondering if i can actually put my tank through the cycle phase with standard NOs and then upgrade to VHOs sometime down the line, such as 2-4 weeks after i add shrimp?
shawn.