Rock stacking time :)

whaa...?

ok im finally getting live rock to put in my sand bed tank(lol) and i was wondering is there a specific way to set it up for no
cave in's cause im a new reefer(u no that)and i wont be posting very much anymore unless its for tips or showing off my infeirior tank hoping for applause!!!!
:hilarious

jacknjill

just set it up however you like. try to set up some caves or places the fish can swim through and hide in/behind

whaa...?

i no that but wat is the chances of a cave in is basically wat i need to no and of course how to post pics

mudplayerx

If you plan on having burrowers, definately move the sand to one side and put the rock on the bare bottom of the tank. Then move the sand back around the rock.
This way, if something burrows under a rock, it wont fall over and crack the tank or crush any creatures.
You can also bond the rock with strips of double-sided sticky padding sold at the lfs, but this makes cleaning the tank a real pain. Just do the above and make sure the higher rocks don't wobble at all.

mbrands

One suggestion I read and used was to stack 3 rocks in a triangle shape, then put a 4th rock on top in the middle. That seems to make mine pretty stable.
Have fun . . . I spent about 2 1/2 hours stacking mine! :D