ROCK

dleto1

I have had a reef tank up for about 2 years. I have yet to have have a fish die but my rock,corals and mushrooms do not thrive like they should. I have 4, 40w three blue one white light. wet dry, seaclone proten skimmer. I have tried alot of additves but nothing seems to help the color or the corals. My mushrooms grow flat but never stand up like in the pics???

krazzydart

do you feed them???? also R-U using a good quality salt (reef crystals) it is loaded with more nutreantes than the plain old salt.

halide

What size tank do you have ,do you have 3-4 watts pure a gallon I'm assuming the three blues are atinic and the white is a high intensity daylight like a 20k or 10k maybe try two atinic and two daylight thats if you have enough wattage and mushrooms usally lay flat and stand up if there not getting enough light they look like a horn but are they just kinda shreveled looking. Need more info.

kass

3 blue lights to 1 white light is not the right ratio. You at least need 2 whites (daylight 6500 k or higher) and 2 blues. I use 2 daylights, 1 actinic, and a triton bulb on my 55 gal. and have great color. I really like the triton.
Also check the nitrates and see if there too high.
Mushrooms are suppose to lay flat.
[This message has been edited by kass (edited 04-06-2000).]

kass

I forgot to say that iodine is an important additive for color in corals and mushrooms. Skimmers can remove it rather quickly.