Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

btieu

hello...i have this Rose Bubble Tip Anemone for 3 or 4 days now. and this morning, i decided to move it somewhere else cuz it was touching my mushroom. well, i noticed there was a hole in the middle. and i was wondering if that is natural? any advice please?

T

thomas712

As long as this hole isn't all the way through the anemone then I agree, its the mouth. And depending on lighting issues then I would try to feed it at least once a week. Never pellet food IMO, use mysis shrimp, krill, frozen plankton, formula 1.
Thomas

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Take care handling the anemone as the handling could end up killing it. Anemones are quit mobile and will settle in where ever they want to. You many have to sacrifice a few zoos or shrooms.

btieu

thank you for you quick response. the anemone is looking ok after all. i guess i was a little paranoid when i saw it this morning. but the anemone hole, i can see right thru it. if that is supposed to be his mouth. how am i supposed to feed it? put some food in the syringe and sqeeze it toward him so he can somehow grab it? :notsure:

viper_930

You can see through it to the other side? Like there is a hole from one end to the other of the anemone? Is it right in the center?

viper_930

Here is a pic of what the mouth on my RBTA looks like. This is under actinic, that's why it looks so blue.

hilda

This anemone is found in coral rubble or in solid reefs. It's pedal disc is usaully attached deep in within dead coral. Try
disease an treatment on message boards.

btieu

yes, i could actually see the hole from one side thru the other side. but it seem normal now. not sure if the hole is still there or not. didnt want to bother him. he seem to find a good spot for it. but what is the best way to feed anemone? hte to see him die from starvation. beside mysis shrimp, krill, frozen plankton, or formula 1. does he eat micro vert?

T

thomas712

It may very well be able to get some of its food from the water itself, like microvert or other phytoplankton, it will also get scraps from the clownfish as well as the excrement from the clowns.
Better to try to feed it with a turkey baster from the list of foods that you have.
I wish I could see what you are seeing. If your anemone truly has major damage like a whole all the way through it, then I would suspect that it will decline very rapidly.
If however it seems normal now then I suspect either a simple deformity, or the mouth of it could be extended looking for food and you only think there is a hole in it, as in the mouth is gaping.
Without a pic its hard for me to tell.
Feed it, and let me know how it reacts.
Thomas