rose tip color?

bechnutnas

i have a rose tip anemone that had the normal color and was huge.then a month ago it turned hot pink went into a slice in a rock.now its only about 2" from side to side.everyone who has seen it says it looks awsome.my tomoto clowns swims in it all the time.any ideas why it change so much.ill try to post a pic in the next couple of days.thanks,tim

bechnutnas

thanks for asking.i have 2 55w pc in 1 strip and 1000k coralife and triton flor. both 30w in another strip.they are both bubble tip.tim

viper_930

You have two? Are they both doing the same thing?
It could be bleached and its health decreasing. A pic would confirm that or not.

bechnutnas

heres a pic.not the best but you can see the hot pink color.this was a normal rose bubble tip anemone for 2 months till i started using the 55w pc.

viper_930

That anemone is very very bleached. I recommend getting metal halide bulbs. If you cannot afford that then you should at least add another 55 watt or 65 watt PC bulb. If you still cannot afford that then you should find a LFS that you could give it to or a friend. It will surely die in your tank with your current setup.
Also, feed meaty foods like mysid shrimp, scallop, clams, squid, etc. 3 times weekly to help i through.